ColorBond Black Auto Trim Paint Makes Faded Trim Look New
Posted on March 14 2019
With the average car on the road approaching twelve years old, it seems the mechanical components of these vehicles last forever, however, the cosmetics often don’t do so well. While the vehicles run just fine, they may start to look a little shabby. Oxidized and faded black exterior trim is one of the more obvious and unsightly signs of aging. Yet, with ColorBond Pro Tech Black Trim Color auto trim paint, it is one of the easiest to fix.
A great looking vehicle makes long term ownership more enjoyable and is more appealing if it comes time to sell.
How to Restore Faded Car Trim
The ColorBond Pro Tech Trim Color line provides a beautiful, durable and long-lasting finish, and is perfect for cars, boats, motorcycles and other power sports vehicles. Users can enjoy easily refurbishing and restyling vehicle trim with excellent results. Primarily metallic paints, they have been created to match OEM finishes on a wide range of exterior components and can also be used on interior hard plastic metallic finished trim. Black #622 is most often used since it’s the perfect choice for plastic mirror, door and bumper trim, and fenders too – such as Jeep fenders.
For best appearance and long-lasting results, we recommend:
- Clean the component with soap & water
- Lightly sand with 1200 grit wet dry sandpaper
- Apply Clear Adhesion Promoter (we recommend ColorBond # 215)
- Apply ProTech Trim Paint in light mist coats
- Use multiple coats as necessary
- Allow to dry 5 minutes between applications
- Professionals will especially benefit from ColorBond’s ease of use over water-based systems, which don’t work as well for refinishing trim and can be particularly difficult to use in cold weather.
Whether for the professional refurbishing used cars, or the DIY vehicle owner wanting to improve the look of their own vehicle, ColorBond Pro Tech Black Trim Color auto trim paint provides a correct, easy and economical method for painting interior and exterior plastic trim. For more information Click Here.